In this show we began with a discussion of the State of the Union Address. Our expert, James Pisano, was unavailable, so rather than get into detailed analysis of the speech and the policies therein, we talked about the concept itself. It’s over the top and pompous and really not befitting a nation that went to war so that we wouldn’t have to answer to a King and have an aristocracy.
Then we discussed over-regulation, over-taxation, and haphazard legal enforcement – the limits those put on our ability to choose how to spend our time and our money. Next we talked Obamacare, and a lawsuit over 4 little words that could end up meaning a whole lot. We capped the episode with a mention of a coalition forming between conservative radio hosts – deciding to work together rather than against one another to help the country.
Give the show a listen, then use the comments to let us know what topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Listen to the show, you have options:
Here and now:
Google+ Event – read the Q&A and comments as well
Liberty’s Torch YouTube channel – please subscribe while you’re there!
- Great Caesar’s Ghost | National Review Online
- Four words in the ACA could spell its doom
- The Unprecedented, Powerful Coalition Three Major Conservative Personalities Are Building Likely Has the Establishment Terrified | Video | TheBlaze.com
About the show:
Every Thursday, 9pm Central, join us for an hour of Conservative Discussion with Real People from Real Places in America, NOT DC and NOT the Media.
CU Talks is the one hour weekly program from The Conservative Union, largest conservative community on Google Plus. We talk politics, with a focus on informing and educating our listeners, and finding ways to create the positive future we all want for ourselves and our posterity.
- The Chief lives in California, is currently active duty in the Coast Guard, and drives a Prius – not because he’s afraid of global warming, but because it made sense for him to purchase it – FREE MARKET, YEAH!
- Nikos was born in Greece, got here as soon as he could, will be a US Citizen eligible to vote in 2016, and is the American Dream personified.
- Leslie is a native Texan and a redhead, she’ll cut you.
We may or may not all be armed.