This week’s podcast is here! In this episode:
- What, exactly, is going on in the Ukraine, and what does it mean to the rest of the world?
- The human aspect: Nikos has friends there, our CU community members have friends there
- America’s position, what can we do, what will we do
- Why is Europe hamstrung in their ability to respond?
- The military drawdown, does it change the calculation
- Historical parallels
- Too busy to be involved in politics? A slightly different perspective may help.
- Recognize where we can’t compete against liberals
- Recognize where we can, and how we could
- Somethings we can do are not only better for the conservative movement, but can make US happier too
Here and now:
Google+ Event – read the Q&A and comments as well
Liberty’s Torch YouTube channel – please subscribe while you’re there!
We used these articles to aid in our research for this week’s episode, please check them out for yourself!
- Nato warns that Russia is risking Europe’s peace and security
- In Ukraine, Echoes of the Anschluss
- Abraham C G+ user posting notes from his friends in Ukraine
- If a single map could explain why we need to lift our ban on exporting oil and gas,
- Conservatives should be more like Liberals and Progressives
About the show:
Every Thursday, 9pm Central, join us for an hour of Conservative Discussion with real people from real places in America, NOT DC and NOT the Media. CU Talks is the one hour weekly program from
The Conservative Union, largest conservative community on Google Plus. We focus on political news of the week, as it matters to you, and with an optimistic spin.
About the hosts:
- James Pisano (The Chief) lives in California, is currently active duty in the Coast Guard, and drives a Prius – not because he’s afraid of global warming, but because it made sense for him to purchase it – FREE MARKET, YEAH!
- Nikolaos Dimopoulos (Nikos) was born in Greece, got here as soon as he could
, will be a US Citizen eligible to vote in 2016, and is the American Dream personified.
- Leslie P is a native Texan and a redhead, she’ll cut you.
We may or may not all be armed.