This week’s podcast is here! In this episode:
- Warrantless Searches– A recent SCOTUS ruling is causing a good deal of consternation among 4th Amendment fans, which definitely includes all of us. The three of us have varying reactions to the dangers posed by this ruling, and the rights simultaneously protected by it.
- Military Budgeting – always a contentious topic, it’s not just the budget that’s a problem as we stop being a “nation at war”, explicitly, in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are big problems with the way money is spent. We didn’t get to spend as much time on this as we wanted to, I’m certain we’ll address it more later. The shocking part of the show – we began that section of it by all agreeing that Chuck Hagel was not completely wrong, and we all liked a good portion of what he said. Yeah. We did. We really did.
Here and now:
Google+ Event – read the Q&A and comments as well
Liberty’s Torch YouTube channel – please subscribe while you’re there!
We used these articles to aid in our research for this week’s episode, please check them out for yourself!
- Supreme Court ruling expands police authority in home searches
- Secretary Hagel and Cuts at the Pentagon
- Hagel says US military must shrink to face new era
- 2015 Proposed Defense Budget, The Role Of Defense In GOP Politics And Meeting The Rise Of China And More
About the show:
Every Thursday, 9pm Central, join us for an hour of Conservative Discussion with real people from real places in America, NOT DC and NOT the Media. CU Talks is the one hour weekly program from
The Conservative Union, largest conservative community on Google Plus. We focus on political news of the week, as it matters to you, and with an optimistic spin.
About the hosts:
- James Pisano (The Chief) lives in California, is currently active duty in the Coast Guard, and drives a Prius – not because he’s afraid of global warming, but because it made sense for him to purchase it – FREE MARKET, YEAH!
- Nikolaos Dimopoulos (Nikos) was born in Greece, got here as soon as he could
, will be a US Citizen eligible to vote in 2016, and is the American Dream personified.
- Leslie P is a native Texan and a redhead, she’ll cut you.
We may or may not all be armed.