Listen to the podcast here!
In this week’s episode:
So much dishonesty and denial of truth, so much corruption. It would be easy to be disheartened, but we see flashes of civil disobedience and should take heart, and encouragement from that.
So many things are going weird and wrong it all seems hopeless, but it’s not. We’re going to tie together some seemingly unrelated threads and see if we can find the optimistic future in the news of the week.
First, the Orwellian doublespeak of the Obama administration about nearly every topic under the sun. The most obvious being the DISASTROUS job numbers as a result of Obamacare, spun as a great thing – freedom from Job Lock! Seriously?
Then, new rules from the IRS to target conservative groups and put the very concept of free and fair elections at risk.
But what are the REAL people doing, while Washington is going insane? They’re NOT applying for gun permits. They’re NOT signing up for Obamacare. They’re rebelling. They’re exerting their rights as individuals. They’re saying…MOLON LABE!
Give the show a listen, then use the comments to let us know what topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Listen to the show, you have options:
Here and now:
Google+ Event – read the Q&A and comments as well
Liberty’s Torch YouTube channel – please subscribe while you’re there!
- An Orwellian Nation of Obamathink – Victor Davis Hanson – Page full
- An end to fair elections
- Vulnerable Dems Seek More Aggressive IRS Crackdown on Conservative Groups for 2014 Elections | TheBlaze.com
- Democrats turn to politicized IRS for election leverage | Human Events
- ObamaCare enrollment not exactly roaring toward that cutoff date | Human Events
- Officials in Connecticut Stunned by What Could Be a Massive, State-Wide Act of ‘Civil Disobedience’ by Gun Owners | TheBlaze.com
- En Masse, Connecticut’s Gun Owners Defy New Registration Law | National Review Online
About the show:
Every Thursday, 9pm Central, join us for an hour of Conservative Discussion with real people from real places in America, NOT DC and NOT the Media.
CU Talks is the one hour weekly program from The Conservative Union, largest conservative community on Google Plus. We focus on political news of the week, as it matters to you, and with an optimistic spin.
About the hosts:
- James Pisano (The Chief) lives in California, is currently active duty in the Coast Guard, and drives a Prius – not because he’s afraid of global warming, but because it made sense for him to purchase it – FREE MARKET, YEAH!
- Nikolaos Dimopolous (Nikos) was born in Greece, got here as soon as he could, will be a US Citizen eligible to vote in 2016, and is the American Dream personified.
- Leslie P is a native Texan and a redhead, she’ll cut you.
We may or may not all be armed.